Thursday, November 29, 2012

Baby's First Christmas: What I'll Miss As She Grows

I recently asked my Facebook friends what they already miss about their kids' holiday behavior now that they've grown or, if their kids are younger, what they think they'll miss. Here are the responses I got:

"My son setting up his stuffed animals, sitting in his baby bathtub (the sleigh) with his Santa hat from North Pole NY and singing rudolph in a clear beautiful soprano."

"This is the first year my children no longer believe in Santa. I feel like a huge piece of their childhood has died!"

"The joy that comes with believing. I look forward to that in the upcoming years, and I will miss it greatly when she's grown."

"Everything... shopping for baby dolls, reading Christmas stories, baking cookies, watching the Christmas shows, watching the girls scan the ads and Toys R Us catalogs to write their lists, the church Christmas play, helping them shop for their Grandparents & their Dad, being woken up at 3, then 4, then finally giving in and getting up at 5am to open their gifts."

"The belief in Santa and the sheer excitement."

"The magic... It's impossible to put it into words but everything seems more magical with children."

"I'll just miss being with them all the time. The crafts, the smiles. Family is so beautiful."

"Getting up at 3am, hearing the ooohs & ahhhs that Santa came."

These inspired my latest article. Even though my baby was only six weeks old for her first Christmas, there are still things I will miss!

Read the article here >>>

What would you add to this list?

No comments:

Post a Comment