Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Making Money from Home as a Mom



For many families, it's ideal to have one parent stay at home with the kids during the day while the other goes off to work. But in today's economy, it's often difficult to make ends meet with only one parent bringing in a paycheck. Heck, even for dual-income families such as my own, having a little extra bank account buffer relieves a lot of financial stress. Maybe that's why it seems that lots of moms I know have found a way to make money from home without sacrificing time with their kids during the day. Here are three ways my mom friends have learned to bring their talents to the bank and make money from home.

Writing

Everyone has some area of expertise to share with others. From education to technology, getting paid to write blog posts or online articles can be a lucrative way to make money from home. While I use advertising and networking to make a few bucks from my basic blog, my main source of income from writing is by publishing for Yahoo! Contributor Network. I receive upfront payment and cash-per-click for the articles I publish. As a working mom, this is something I do after my baby goes to bed, and I have made $200-300 from home during the months that I commit to publishing 6-7 times per week.

Read the full article >>>

No comments:

Post a Comment