Monday, September 10, 2012

3 Reasons We Plan to Have a Second Baby

Even before I became a mother, I'd never thought of having only one child. My husband and I each grew up with three siblings, so I'm not sure it ever crossed our minds to be a "one and done" couple. Now, don't get me wrong. There are days - such as when our ten-month-old is acting particularly clingy, seems to have forgotten how to sleep at night, or is effectively breaking our belongings and budget - when we look at each other sideways and ask, "Are you sure you want a second baby?" But when it comes down to it, the answer is always a resounding yes. And here are three reasons why.

Siblings teach important lessons

As the oldest of four kids, I learned a lot of important lessons by virtue of having siblings. I learned about sharing toys, attention, and space. I learned about looking out for someone other than myself. I learned how to manage jealousy. I wasn't always happy or gracious about having siblings, but the experiences I had as part of a large family planted seeds that helped me out later in life. I hope that by having a second baby, our daughter will build character and learn lessons that will guide her in future relationships.

Read the full article >>>

No comments:

Post a Comment