Friday, August 24, 2012

Our Favorite Baby Tunes on Pandora

We're developing quite the Pandora station for our baby. I actually don't mind having it on pretty much all day every day. Here are some of our favorite tunes that often show up in the queue:

  • All kinds of Disney music. I wouldn't even mind if it was all Disney all the time, but I suppose variety is the spice of life. We hear a lot from Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, and The Little Mermaid.
  • Oldies. We get some awesome tunes like "My Girl" and "Sugar, Sugar" that come up in the queue every once in a while. They're so fun to dance to! Some of the lyrics are a little sketchy, but I figure the happy music will get us by until the baby understands the words.
  • Classic kids songs. We hear lots of songs that were near and dear to our hearts when we were little, so it's fun to resurrect them and share them with our little one. We get to hear them with new ears, too. For example, I had absolutely no clue how political Schoolhouse Rock could be, as in "Tyrannosaurus Debt." Raffi comes on a lot, and we learned that he actually has it out for my husband and me. In the song "Willoughby Wallaby Woo" he says an elephant sits on both "Jennie" and "Joel." In the same sentence. Those are my husband's and my names. Coincidence?
  • New kids songs from musicians we had no idea did kids songs. Like... Barenaked Ladies. And Jack Johnson. Did you have any idea these folks put out kids songs? It's so fun to hear them in another light.
There are so many more choices, too, like songs from musicals, Muppets songs, and even the Beatles. We may be having more fun listening to Pandora with our baby than she is...

Read more about why we love Pandora in my latest article.

2 comments:

  1. I love Pandora with Nora (haha that rhymes)!! Didn't know you had a blog, now I can have fun reading it! - Amira

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yeah, I mostly use the blog to post my articles, but I'm trying to start taking the time to write more personal intros.

    ReplyDelete