Friday, July 6, 2012

Bless the Single Parents

When I'm awakened at 2am,
cursing my snoring husband,
dead to the world and
in need of rest,
I think of those
who always have to be the one
to rise out of bed...

And I bless the single parents.

When I have something I  
need to get done
And my little one won't let me
Put her down for a second
And my husband is too busy
To lend a hand,
I think of those who need
Three hands all the time...

And I bless the single parents.

When I'm at my wit's end
Floating outside myself with
stress and anxiety and self-pity and woe
And my husband finds 
the right words to say
and the right ways to help
I think of those whose
words and help must always
come from within
or from the Lord...

And I bless the single parents.

I think of those whose single heart
Provides all the encouragement
All the support
All the care and fun
and Love
Those little lives could ever need

And I bless the parents whose single hearts
are twice the size of mine.

1 comment: