Thursday, May 24, 2012

My Inspiring Experience With An Online Pregnancy Community

A personal narrative with reflections from members of my community

There was a chance I was pregnant. My fertility chart showed that I had ovulated, and there was a distinct possibility we'd conceived. Needless to say, I was nervous, excited, and distracted beyond belief. As each day of my two-week wait crept by like an anxiety-ridden eternity, I found my saving grace: an online pregnancy forum at FertilityFriend.com where I was able to commiserate with women who were also potentially pregnant and could truly understand what I was going through.

When I got that coveted positive pregnancy test, I learned there was a "due date group" for women who were expecting babies around the same time. I was welcomed with open arms into a community of women from all over the world and from all walks of life who had one very important thing in common: love for our unborn babies who were around the same point in their development.

"I found that having a group of ladies who were going through all the same pregnancy/baby issues that I may be has been amazing. Knowing that I am not the only person who is going through something and being able to talk about it and get advice is really important and invaluable." -M.


Read the full article >>>

1 comment: